Founded in 1988, Crossroads Hospice Society (CHS) has the honour of serving the Lower Mainland, primarily the communities of Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody. As a non-profit society, CHS supports its communities through its 10-bed stand-alone hospice residence that it operates in partnership with Fraser Health, as well as its Thrift Store and Grief Support Services. The Hospice allows individuals to live their final days in peace and comfort in a home-like setting. CHS is supported by an incredible team of employees and more than 200 volunteers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Philanthropy (DOP) plays a critical role in achieving CHS’s fundraising goals. The DOP is responsible for fundraising results which are achieved through a variety of channels: grants, annual campaigns, planned giving, in memory giving, direct mail, major gifts, major events and third-party events. The DOP works independently as well as part of a team, engaging successfully with CHS staff and volunteers
This position has primary responsibility for fund raising for the organization. It is a broad-spectrum position which includes developing an annual budget, donor management, marketing, grant applications, social media management and event management. Working in collaboration with the ED and the CHS team, the DOP will:
- Develop a comprehensive annual fundraising program
- Identify and engage with new donors and funders
- Engage with existing donors and sponsors
- Develop marketing materials and generate communications through various channels: print, email, social media and the CHS website(s)
- Manage the CHS social media relationship
- Manage historical signature fundraising events
- Develop new events, as appropriate, to raise funds
- Prepare and submit program proposals, grant applications, letters of inquiry, and grant reporting.
- Develop and maintain a volunteer team supporting appropriate CHS fundraising activities
- Report on financials and targets to the ED and Board
Competencies & Requirements
- A proven track record in fundraising, pipeline development, fundraising strategy development, donor cultivation and relationship management
- Experience in leading fundraising activities and initiating effective fundraising strategies and programs that include individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Proficiency with donor database management systems (Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred)
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, social media, presentation software and Canva.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for client service, community engagement and the non-profit sector
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with tact in handling personal and confidential information
- Superior organizational skills
- Sound decision-making skills
- Ability to build and nurture trusting relationships
- A driver’s license and one’s own personal vehicle is essential. Driving to events, meetings and site locations is required.
- May require long periods of sitting and computer work
- Driving required to donor meetings, events and third party events
- Weekends and evening work sometimes required
- In the office onboarding and orientation, with subsequent remote/hybrid arrangements possible
- Office location: Coquitlam, BC
Salary range $85,000 - $100,000. Crossroads Hospice Society’s benefit package includes extended health benefits, dental, life & disability insurance, employee assistance program, and RRSP match.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Jackie Gorton - email@example.com