Reporting directly to the Manager, Finance & Administration (the Manager), the Office Administrator (the Administrator) supports aspects of CHS’s financial operations, specified human resources administration, Board support, fundraising admin support and general office operations. The Administrator assists in the appropriate and safe handling of CHS records, forms, correspondence, and documents. The Office Administrator possesses solid organizational skills as well as a strong attention to detail and models CHS's core qualities of honesty, integrity, responsibility, and confidentiality in all interactions. The role works under general supervision, performing a wide variety of finance and office administration support functions.
Founded over 30 years ago, Crossroads Hospice Society (CHS) has the honour of serving the communities of Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody. As a non-profit society, CHS supports its communities through its 10-bed stand-alone hospice residence, as well as Grief and Loss Services, and its Thrift Store. The Hospice allows individuals to live their final days in peace and comfort in a home-like setting. CHS is supported by an incredible team of employees and more than 200 volunteers.
Crossroads Hospice Society (CHS) offers employees the opportunity to engage in the community in a tangible and meaningful way. We provide compassionate care to people with life-limiting illnesses and support families through their bereavement journey. Making connections and exploring one's own personal growth and development are fundamental to what makes CHS an amazing place to work.
- Will need to work from multiple locations
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Post-secondary diploma in business/accounting, supported by ongoing professional development
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience within the non-profit and/or relevant sectors
- Basic understanding of CRA Rules and Regulations
- Proven knowledge of and ability to carry out basic financial procedures, i.e., data entry and financial controls
- Experience using relevant accounting software, i.e., Simply Accounting 2010 and ADP
- Proficient in the use of word processing, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail, social media, presentations, in particular Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and reconciliation
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including business and financial acumen
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and the ability to utilize accounting systems, procedures, and controls
- Capacity to build and maintain positive relationships across diverse groups
- Problem solving abilities and able to work independently under limited supervision
- Demonstrated self awareness, with the ability to navigate personal assumptions, values, principles, strengths, and limitations with the ability to respect confidentiality and use discretion
- An understanding and acceptance of the CHS’s philosophy
We will interview candidates as they apply until the right candidate is found.
From $26.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
Following and often exceeding all provincially required COVID-19 precautions.
- related: 2 years (required)
Please send your resume and cover letter Attn: Janice Boyle, ED to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be interviewed on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is found.