4th floor – 101 Noons Creek Drive, Port Moody, BC
Crossroads Hospice Society’s dedicated team of staff and volunteers is passionate about hospice care and bereavement support. The heart of hospice is meeting the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of the terminally ill. Crossroads Hospice Society has been providing compassionate care and support for those facing advanced illness, death and bereavement for 30 years.
Reporting to the Hospice Manager, the Housekeeper is responsible and accountable for the cleaning and disinfecting of the hospice, including its laundry services. The Housekeeper participates as a team member in the provision of services in a homelike setting and maintains a professional and respectful rapport with patients, their families and guests, and hospice staff.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: 11am – 7pm
Additional shifts may be available due to staff vacation, sick days, etc.
Start Date: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and disinfecting kitchen, patient rooms, washrooms, nurse’s station and common areas, complying with enhanced cleaning protocols during COVID pandemic
- Cleaning empty rooms following a strict terminal clean protocol
- Washing and drying of all facility laundry
- Collecting and disposing of trash and recycling
- Assessing immediate or unexpected cleaning needs and taking appropriate action
- Maintaining a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs), performing duties according to health and safety guidelines
- Reporting all injuries and hazards immediately to the supervisor
- Performing other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset
- At least 1 year of experience as a housekeeper would be ideal
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- WHMIS certification
- Demonstrated interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Adaptability to comply with Fraser Health’s revisions with respect to COVID protocol
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Moderate physical fitness level required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Possessing an understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Maintaining confidentiality of all patient/family and personnel information as per Society and the Fraser Health Authority’s confidentiality regulations
- Performing duties in an efficient and effective manner while maintaining the spirit, dignity and individual needs of patients, families and guests.
A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment.
The successful applicant will be required to provide Proof of Immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results.
Crossroads Hospice Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter attn: Sylvie Jensen, Hospice Manager to email@example.com. Applicants will be interviewed on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is found. Casual positions are also available.