JOB OPPORTUNITY - NOW HIRING
Position: Office Assistant
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Reporting to: Executive Director
Job status: Full time, 1.0 FTE (75 hours bi-weekly)
Crossroads Hospice Society is a Tri-Cities charity recognized for its end-of-life hospice care and complimentary grief and loss services for youth and adults. For over three decades, through the programs and services we provide, we have helped make a significant difference in the lives of adults with life-limiting illnesses and the families who love them.
- 3 years' experience of reception and office administration experience.
- Grade 12 minimum.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have exceptional customer service, time management and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize workflow.
- Must have initiative and good judgment to be proactive and determine priorities
- Must have the ability to multi-task, and be flexible to adapt to changing work demands, volumes and schedules
- Intermediate to advanced skill set level in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Experience working in a non-profit a plus.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Greeting clients, donors and the general public and responding to enquiries in person and on the phone
- Performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks as follows:
- Reception and general office duties
- Assistant to the Executive Director
- Administration and clerical support all departments
- Data entry and client database management as needed
- Working with the Executive Director as secretary to the Crossroads Hospice Society Board of Directors; preparing board meeting packages, recording and preparing meeting minutes, ensuring records are saved and documented according to the BC Societies Act guidelines.
- Providing event and meeting support including room bookings, catering, prepares and distributes meeting materials; serves as recording secretary and follows up on action items as required.
- Assisting with compiling information packages and mailouts for grief and loss division
- Assist with social media postings on Facebook and Instagram
- Preparing and reviewing reports and documents for accuracy and error correction
- Assisting with coordination of community lending library
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders and the public
- Assisting with development, coordination, administration and marketing (print, online) of key Crossroads programs and events as needed.
- Operating a multi-line phone system
- Carrying out light housekeeping and general tidying
- Other duties as required and assigned
Criminal Record Check Requirement: The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
How to apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those short listed will be contacted.
Charity Number: 894850635 RR0001